Thursday, September 6, 2007

Getting better...

Much better news this time around :-)

Well, my mom got home yesterday around 1pm and is doing great. She's getting around with a walker instead of crutches, and is doing so well with it. Not to mention, she's hardly having any pain! I took Alyson over there yesterday to cheer her grandma up :-) My dad's friend's wife made a big lasagna and this ABSOLUTELY YUMMY cheesecake dessert (fat free and calorie free! Yeah right...) so we all ate that. My aunt Becky and cousin Brenda came over too, with Bren's daughter Olivia. Olivia and Aly were playing together..it was so cute! (As much as Aly can actually 'play'... it was more like Aly sitting there staring at Olivia, while Olivia was smiling and bonking Aly on the head...lol)

In other news... tonight is my first night back at work. (sniffle sniffle...) I hate to leave Alyson, even though she'll more than likely be sleeping or ready for bed when I leave. She sleeps through the night, and doesn't usually wake up until 7 or 8AM, so the only thing Russ might have to do is feed her once. I really hate to do nightturns anymore, but right now they're the only things that work for me and the whole 'babysitting situation.' It just sucks because this is going to be the first night in awhile where I'm going to HAVE to be up all night. Ugh. Wish me luck, that I don't fall asleep at work. Oh well... at least it's only 1 night and it's only 8 hours. Then I don't go back until next Thursday. (I like this whole PRN work status alot better than being full time! I'm only doing 1 day a week for now.)

Well, I better go start dinner, then try to get a shower. Aly hasn't let me do that yet today...she's been SO AWAKE and just wants to eat and coo and look at things, then eat and coo and look at more things. :-)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. I'm sure a visit with Aly cheered her up too!

Sorry you've got to go to work tonight. Only once a week though? Man, you're lucky! You'll make it through fine I'm sure. :)

Rutie said...

thats great that Aly is sleeping through the night! Shirel goes to sleep at 8 pm or so and wakes up at 2 am, then usually around 6, and by 7 shes fully awake and cooing and wanting her mommy up keeping her company!
And great news about going back to work... it is hard leaving them, but we really need some time to ourselves! (and then it gives us a chance to miss 'em!)
R

Mrs. Taco said...

I was glad to hear that your mom is doing good! I hope she continues to get better.

And I'm sorry you have to go back to work! :o( (I know it's already passed.) I hope you did okay and were able to stay awake. And I hope you were busy enough to take your mind off the fact that you weren't at home with your little one. :o) Hopefully the next time will be easier and soon you will be able to do it with no problem. :p Take care!

Amy said...

Hope work went well. I can imagine it would be so hard for you to have to go back, but that is really cool that you are only having to work a little bit for now. I am sure it makes it much easier on you and gives you a lot of time to enjoy your little girl!!!