Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend update

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend :-) Mine ended up improving, thank goodness. Alyson is doing alot better now, which I'm SO happy about. It was so hard seeing her hurting like that! Her teeth are still bugging her, I can tell...so I've just been keeping up with the Ibuprofen.

We ended up going to our friends' son's 2nd birthday party on Saturday... it was a good time. Alyson plays SO well with other kids! The only thing, she thought she could eat what everyone else was eating... she was trying to pick up a whole hotdog and huge pieces of fruit and stick them in her mouth..lol. All the kids at the party had ice cream cones, and there were baby cones for the little ones. The tiniest little baby cone I've ever seen. Alyson THOROUGHLY enjoyed her first taste of ice cream...even crunching the cone. It was too cute.

One thing I've realized now... there is NO relaxing at events we go to anymore. Whether it's a birthday party or a family gathering, I am CONSTANTLY chasing after Alyson. Russ just 'happens' to head outside with the guys so that he doesn't have to be the one to look after Alyson. So HE gets to relax and kick back while I'm watching to make sure Alyson isn't falling down stairs or shoving something she shouldn't into her mouth. Then Russ doesn't understand why I come out to him and say, "Can you puhleeeeeeeeeease help me watch her?!" LOL. Ugh.

As for yesterday, we went to church, then out to breakfast... then my parents came over later with dinner. My dad made AWESOME beer can chicken and baked potatoes on his grill, so they brought that over for us. All I had left to do was make a veggie and that was it. Oh, and we had some banana cream pie too :-) Nice easy dinner for me! But OH MY... if you have not had beer can chicken, you're missing out. It was even better than the rotisserie chicken they sell in stores. YUM.

So that was the weekend. Glad things ended up working out.

Well, Alyson is getting fussy so I'm gonna end this here. Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

I can't believe Aly just had her first taste of ice cream. My mom has been sneaking it to Jackson since he was probably six months old. ;)

I know exactly how you feel about parties. I dread them for exactly the same reason. I get pissed every time. He has gotten a little bit better. I have no idea why they think they get to relax and we don't.

I love beer can chicken. It's heavenly! However...we call it drunken chicken. :)

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that Aly is feeling a little better. Chloe also seems to get the runs when she is teething and that can really irritate her bum. Poor kiddies when they are sick--it is so hard to be a mom!

LCP said...

I am glad Aly is better, that is good news. And I know how you feel going to parties or get togethers. I am lucky now, being pregnant, DH usually helps out a LOT...but when I am not PG, it is all me. Yup...

Hope you have a good weekend.

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I know what you mean about the MEN just happening to walk away when they are supposed to help. Usually Jonathan is actually doing something else though. There are times however when I just feel like handing Elena to someone else and going to the SPA. Yeah, I am not cut out for having more that maybe 2 kids. It's official!

Platinum Rose said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend, with lots of great food! Thanks for making me hungry, hahahaha. Try telling Russ (as if this will work haha) next time it's his turn to do the baby-duty at an event!