Monday, March 3, 2008

Oh, one day of springy weather, I love you.

Photobucket

Can I just say that I CAN NOT WAIT for voting to be over tomorrow night. My phone has been ringing off the hook all day, and each time it is one of those automated "vote for so-and-so" messages. UGH! Stop calling me!

Anyway... so remember the last post I wrote, about wanting spring to come? Well, we're getting a little taste of that today! It is 65 degrees out, and there's a near-cloudless blue sky. Such a long awaited day. Too bad it's just a teaser. Tonight it is supposed to start raining and we'll have a half inch of rain overnight, then another 2 inches of rain tomorrow. Thank goodness we don't live in an area that floods easily... there are a lot of flood watches for areas south of us.
So THEN after tomorrow, the snow is coming back again, a little on Wednesday and then most of the day Thursday. Boo hiss.

Russ and I are supposed to go do something later... he ACTUALLY SUGGESTED we could take the baby to the mall and walk around. And really...who am I to pass up an afternoon at the mall?! I'm just waiting for the baby to wake up from her nap, then we'll figure out what we're gonna do. For dinner today we're gonna grill some steaks outside and take advantage of our one day of nice weather.

And to end my post, a little tidbit about Alyson... I swear the girl is growing up SO FAST! She just started crawling within the past few weeks, and now she's already pulling herself up to a standing position! If you put your hands out, she grabs hold of them and lifts herself up, and she tries to grab hold of the couch and do the same thing. I feel like I'm gonna wake up one day next week and she's gonna be walking. LOL. She'd better hold off on that for awhile... I'm not done babyproofing yet :-) I need to get started on putting locks on the cupboards... yesterday, she was crawling around in the kitchen while I made dinner, and next thing I knew, she had opened one of the cupboards, grabbed my bottle of balsamic vinegar, and was rolling it around on the floor. NOT GOOD! LOL.

Well, Aly's up...she's staring at me with a big grin on her face. Melts my heart ;-)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for a nice day! Friday and Saturday were so nice and it's been cold since. :(

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? I feel the same way about Maddy.

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Our babies are getting sooo big!

Me said...

A warm day? How nice! I'm jealous of course. It's not too bad here but it's not 65 either!

Hope you have fun at the mall and grilling out.

LCP said...

I can't wait for the nice weather either...just wish it would make up its mind!!

They grow up so fast...it is like once they start moving around, all of a sudden they are in school and dating...uh, where does the time go!