Monday, December 13, 2010

Another year gone by....wow.

I refuse to believe it's been almost a year since I posted! Guess now is a good time to start back up.

Let me just say that this Christmas season is going so FAST! Hard to believe there are only a few weeks left until Christmas. I still have over half my wrapping to do, have NO cookies baked, and I need to thoroughly clean my house since lots of company will be here soon.

I'm just getting stressed out now...lol. Being that we've had another child this past year, I told myself that we were only going to buy for KIDS this year...no adults except for my in-laws,my parents, and my grandma. I told some of our friends a few months back that we were just buying for their kids, so they shouldn't buy anything for us. Everyone was fine with that. But NOW, I found out they DID get us something...now I feel bad because we have nothing for them, and truthfully we've already spent way too much on Christmas already. Now I feel like I should buy something for them so we don't feel bad when we get the gifts they bought us. They're really good friends of ours--practically like family-- so I don't know what to do now. I really don't want to have to rack up any more money on our credit card.

And THEN-- my sister-in-law called the other night asking what size clothes the kids were in. I told her Will is in 6-9 month but will be out of that size soon. She laughed because her little boy is 3 months old and is in the same size, also ready to grow out of it already!! And of course, all the clothes I got her son for Christmas are Carter's 6 month size, which is actually 3-6 months. GRR! I ordered them from the Carter's website,and can't find my receipt anywhere. So now I have to call them and see if I can still mail everything back.

And I thought I was done with my Christmas shopping...guess not. :-(

Sorry for the whiny post but it seems like when we try to save money, it never seems to work out.

Onto more upbeat subjects--my kids.

I can't believe Will is already 6 1/2 months old!! He's growing SO fast! At his 6month appointment he was 18 lb 15oz and 27 3/4 inches long...90th percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight. He's sitting up on his own for short periods of time (tries to himself to a sitting position on his own,but only gets halfway there...) and is starting to say some consonants now( ba,na,ma.) So, maybe hearing the word "mama" isn't too far off! :-)

Aly is 3 1/2 years old already... she's my little ornery princess. She tries to be my little helper where Will is concerned...which is a help *sometimes*...lol She's in that "I want to do what I want to do" stage, and is going through yet another naked phase...lol I swear, the girl only stays dressed when we go somewhere other than our house. I get her dressed in the morning and 10 minutes later I hear, "Look mama,I naked!"(Great, honey....great....)

I'm still staying at home full-time with the kiddos, which has its ups and downs.
I absolutely love being home with them and feel so blessed that I'm able to, though I sometimes miss adult conversation (though I make time for mommy's day out with friends,etc!), and especially contributing $$$ to the family. I've been putting some of Aly's older clothes up on ebay (since I'm pretty sure we're done having kids) and have been doing great with that, so it helps out with extra little things I want to buy :-)

Well, I'd better end this here...I am battling a case of sinusitis which has my head feeling like it's about to explode:-( My jaw and ears hurt because of it...NOT FUN. It's made my night-owl self very tired, so I think I'm gonna head to bed soon. I'll post pics of the kiddos soon!

*Nighty night!*

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Yay! Welcome back! I can imagine what a busy year it's been for you. And I've been following as I can on Facebook. Christmas did sneak up fast this year, and it'll be here and gone faster than we know it!