Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sleepytime for everyone but me!

Ahh, nighttime. This is my favorite time of day....everyone in the house is sleeping and I can actually sit and hear myself think. I get to sit my butt on the couch, turn on a Hallmark channel Christmas movie, and enjoy the peace and quiet and my Christmas lights. Love it.

I got some more gift wrapping done tonight. Little by little, things are getting accomplished. It's just hard because Will's nursery is in what USED to be our spare bedroom, so now I have no place to stay up late and wrap presents without disturbing anyone. I have to do it all at night once Alyson is sleeping, when I go take Will up to his room for the night. He gives me about a half hour of his time before he enters that fussy "mommy get out of here and let me sleep" mode. I have everyones' presents up in his room... wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, and boxes all over the place. Poor kid, it looks like Christmas exploded in there right now. Luckily he's not old enough to realize what's going on yet. Mama's gonna have to find a new place for everything next year because he won't be confined to a crib all night next Christmas!! (I'd like to say we'll be in a new house next year, but that's a longshot. Maybe in the next FIVE years. But anyway.) Keeping Alyson out of his room has been rough, because she always wants to go up there with me when I put him down for naps, etc... she caught a glimpse of some wrapped presents the other day and got all excited. I wrapped all her stuff in Spongebob Squarepants Christmas paper (she LOVES that show right now) and she saw it... she goes, "My spongebob wrapping paper! I LOVE IT!!!" then proceeded to grab the roll of paper and give it a hug. Gotta love her. So then I had to tell her those presents were for someone else. She said, "Oh... ok, mama" and then turned around and said, "Can I open it??" She definitely keeps life interesting around here.

Not much else going on today... just had to open a case against a buyer on ebay though... that was a first. I've had good luck with ALL the buyers I've dealt with so far,except this one person. He emailed me on 12/8, a few days after the end of my ebay auction, and said there was a problem with his paypal account that would be resolved by Saturday the 11th and he'd pay me asap. Fine...I emailed him back and said it wasn't a problem. Didn't hear anything from him all all weekend. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I thought, "ok, maybe the paypal issue will be resolved on Monday." Monday came, and nothing. So I emailed him and nicely asked if the issue was resolved, whether he still wanted the item, etc. Told him to get back to me asap and let me know. That was yesterday afternoon. Didn't hear anything all day yesterday or today. It's going on 9 days now. I just want to know what's going on, but I'm not getting a response. Ugh!! So, now he has 4 days to pay me or I get my ebay fees back. The way I see it, if you want an item so bad that you purchase it using buy-it-now, wouldn't you at least pay within a day or so?! Maybe I just feel that way because I pay immediately when I purchase something. Who knows. It's just that I was reeeeeally looking forward to getting an extra $50 around this time of year. :-(

Man, can I ramble or what? ;-)

So that's my interesting life right now. Still battling this sinus cold. Don't have the balloon feeling in my head so much now, but it's turned into a scratchy throat and that tired, drained feeling. I just took some Nyquil...and that green nyquil is DISGUSTING! It tastes like black licorice,and I'm not a black licorice kinda person. Darn grocery store didn't have the red kind. Blech. I just hope this cold is gone for Christmas. Our whole family was sick for Christmas last year (but with the flu, which was worse) and I don't want a repeat of that! So for now I'm just gonna rest up and curl under my Steelers blanket and enjoy a Hallmark channel movie...that is, until this nyquil kicks in and knocks me out.

Night!

0 comments: