Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hi, I'm Betsy the selfish preggo :-)

Ok.... so basically over the past, oh, 6 months, my focus has turned to baby baby baby and off of me me me. But today, I just want to focus on ME. Is that so bad?!

I don't know if it's the sudden change in weather and the fact that it's now in the 70's, and getting to be time for cute spring/summer clothes and sandals or what... but today I have this HUGE urge to go on a shopping spree. LOL. Not that I want to go out and spend a thousand dollars or anything (ha, I wish!) but I just want to go buy some things for myself for a change. Lately (well, for a long time) my shopping has consists of trips to Walmart to buy groceries, while MAYBE picking up some things for myself here and there. I don't know when the last time I went shopping and just had a ME day was.

I want a new purse, dammit.

And I need new shoes for work... heck, I just want to go buy shoes in general! Maybe a few pairs of cute sandals :-) Hehehehe....

OH... and I need to go buy some cute springy maternity tops too. Maybe at Old Navy... and of course, I'll probably end up buying some baby things. (So I won't TOTALLY feel guilty for wanting something for myself for a change!)

Yeah, I need a day out... a GIRLS day out. I might have to call my cousin (my shopping partner in crime, who is just as much an impulse buyer as I am! LOL), only I don't know if she's working today. I'll find someone... or if all else fails, I'll go shop til I drop on my own.

I've felt this 'shopping bug' starting to bite since yesterday afternoon. I told my husband all this lastnight before bed... I told him, "Honey, I need to go shopping soon... I need maternity stuff and a few other things." I don't know if he was just trying to butter me up so I'd uh, 'give him some', but he offered to go shopping with me today. Only he doesn't have the patience to go shopping with me. He's so "rush rush, get in get out" when he goes shopping. Definitely the complete opposite of me. But hey, I might take him up on his offer. Maybe we'll go out to dinner too :-)

Well, I'm gonna tidy up the house a bit, then take a shower and figure out what to do with my day off. Have a good one!

5 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

Amen Sister! :)

I went shopping last weekend. I bought myself 2 dresses and a shirt. I also had a nice lunch by myself at La Madeline. This weekend I'm buying new undies and bras. I've really been needing some "me" time too.

I say go out there and take it!

Platinum Rose said...

I hope you have a fantastic day off, get to go shopping, and get some great new stuff! Sounds to me like you deserve it, and are not being selfish at all! After all, I am sure you NEED some new clothes now that you have a growing belly, right? Just keep telling yourself that if you feel any guilt. Have fun!

Southern jezeBelle said...

I feel the ME ME ME vibe too sometimes, and I'm not preggo! Currently LL Bean has this new fun boat and tote bag that I feel I. Must. Have! So buy yourself the new purse! :)

Just found your blog. Come visit mine sometime!

Unknown said...

I can't certainly agree with the "need" to shop - My need has been SO great that my DH has requested I refrain from shopping for a few months (MONTHS!) haha!

Anonymous said...

I'm such a bad "nestie friend", I haven't been around much lately! I'm sorry!!!!

I can completely understand the "shopping bug". I get that way too every so often...just reading your post has me thinking all of a sudden. Maybe the disease is contagious!

Definitely need to take some time for yourself here or there, so I say go for it! Within reason of course :)