Friday, March 30, 2007

Chicken Parm with a side of tissues

28 weeks pregnant today... and I'm reeallly starting to feel it. It's like a light switch flicked on and all the third trimester signs and symptoms kicked in.

I told Russ this morning, "You know honey, I'm really starting to feel like I'm walking around with a watermelon strapped to me." He then put his hands on my belly and said, "Yeah, you're getting pretty big there, honey!" Then he redeemed himself (haha) by saying, "You're so beautiful...I love you so much." (Even though I had just woken up, my hair was sticking out all over the place and my eye makeup was half down my face from falling asleep early and not taking it off.) Gotta love husbands when they can make you feel beautiful even though you feel the furthest thing from beautiful sometimes.

Anyway...

My mind is, well, scatterbrained lately. Take yesterday for example. I went and got some groceries. I bought some bagged salad and made myself one for lunch. Afterwards, I went to get a bag clip out of the drawer so I could put it back in the fridge. I turn around and CANNOT FIND MY SALAD BAG. Turns out that I had gotten the bag clip, put it on my salad bag and STUCK THE BAG IN THE DRAWER. Other times, I'll pour myself a bowl of cereal (my true pregnancy craving that I could eat morning noon and night), and I'll catch myself heading toward the cupboard with my gallon of milk or toward the fridge trying to put my cereal box in there. Yeah, I can't wait til THIS phase passes. And I can't count how many times I've walked in a room and said, "Ok... I know I needed something in here... but I can't figure out what it is...." Ahh, preggo brain.

Then you have the insomnia. Ahh yes, the insomnia has returned with a vengeance. Only I don't have a problem falling asleep now, I have a problem falling BACK to sleep. My about-to-burst bladder wakes me up after about 4-5 hours of sleep, usually around 3:30-4:30'ish, and I can NEVER FALL BACK TO SLEEP. I just lay there, flip flopping back and forth like a fish out of water, trying to get comfy again. And of course now that I have to have, like, 3 pillows to get comfortable, I never seem to get them back in the same position I had them in before. Then I get both my dogs laying next to me... one on each side so I can't move my legs. Makes a pregnant girl pretty uncomfortable.

Next.... the stretch marks. Palmer's Cocoa Butter, you have FAILED ME. What started out as two tiny pink marks on my belly, forcing me to slather Palmer's on my belly like a fiend, has turned into longer, darker pink marks on the very underside of my belly. I thought I was going to be safe from the wrath of the stretch marks, but no such luck. So far my other body parts have been spared... I'm hoping to keep it that way. I showed my husband and whinily (is that a word, whinily?) said to him, "Look at these, honey. Gross!" He goes, "Honey, who cares? You're pregnant. Plus, I'm the only one who's ever going to see them. You look great, honey." (Ding ding ding! More points for hubby!)

Another thing.... NESTING. Yes, I've been bit by the Nesting Bug. God forbid something in the house is out of place or the slightest bit dusty. I am right there with the Pledge and the Windex. I've just been in a major cleaning mood lately. I bought Dreft detergent yesterday so I can get started on washing Alyson's baby clothes and bedding :-) But alas, my incessant cleaning doesn't go very well with the last pregnancy symptom I'm mentioning in this post......

I. AM. WORN. THE. HECK. OUT. It seems like all the sudden I just cannot keep my eyes open once, say, 3pm hits. All of my days off, I've taken a 3 hour nap during the day. I felt bad a few of those days... hubby woke me up and goes, "Honey, are you cooking dinner?" and I just must have mumbled something that was the equivalent of "no"... so he went to dinner by himself since I couldn't get my dead butt off the couch. He did bring me back some Chicken Parm and salad. More points for hubby. So then I felt all bad for not cooking and for the fact that my husband is so understanding and loving... and my massive amount of pregnancy hormones made me cry. So I'm sitting there at the dining room table eating chicken parm, sniffling and snot-nosed, and being hugged by my hubby, who probably thinks "What did I get myself into?!"

Only three more months to go... I just keep telling myself that. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to the "just this long left" thoughts. :) Knowing me after I finally have Baby K I'll be saying something about missing some of the pregnancy moments...at least I'll miss some of the extra attention and niceness of people that comes with being pregnant.

Kristen Miller said...

LOL This cracks me up because I'm feeling the exact same things. Right down to the cereal cravings...all I freaking want to eat is Cinnamon Toast Crunch...or Pop-Tarts. I wake up in the morning thinking...I should really eat some eggs. Of course I head straight to the pantry and grab the cereal box.

I don't think I have any stretch marks though...but then again I can't really see down there very well.

Seriously, I could just about copy your post and use it for my own. :)

Hope you have a great weekend!
~Kristen

P.S. I'm 30 weeks and 2 days...that's craziness.

Mrs. Taco said...

Oh, you are cracking me up!! Probably cause I can sympathize with you. Been there, done that! LOL LOL :p Oh the memories. (sigh) I think the hormones and baby brain were the worst. Trying your hardest to remember why you walked into a room is so frustrating. And then crying like a baby at the stupid commercials that never made you cry before is just......embarrassing! LOL It's great that your hubby is being so sensitive and supportive. And yeah, Plamers Cocoa Butter didn't work for me either. But then again, I didn't put it on faithfully like I was supposed to. I would go days without putting it on. And a sales lady at Motherhood Maternity told me that the lotion you have to put on like 3-4 times a day and the cream 2 times a day. And then it's not even guaranteed to work. It's just supposed to help. Grrr! Don't worry, you won't be the only one sporting stretch marks under your shirts! LOL :p Take care!

Anonymous said...

It will be here before you know it...beleive me! I so feel for you though. Yup, the 3rd trimester hump...or should I say lump. I promise...it will only be 3-more months and it WILL get better!!

LP

Jenny said...

I am sorry the palmers didn't help the stretchmarks. I have been using it too and so far--37 weeks and none yet. Unfortunately I think it just has to do with genetics!

I am with you on cereal--I eat a huge bowl every morning and I look forward to it--how pathetic!!

Jodi said...

I enjoy reading what all you're going through right now. Not for your misery, just to know what I have to look forward to, since you're a few weeks ahead of me, and I even shake my head in agreemet of something I'm already experiencing right there with ya!

I'm practically bathing in cocoa butter right now too, but I've been told that no matter how much you use it....if you're gonna get the stretch marks, you're gonna get 'em. I think that the cocoa butter just helps with hydrating your skin so that it's not so itchy. I'm pretty sure I have the start of a mark comin' on already....and, believe me, I'm keepin' a close on it! :o)

It's nice your husband is so supportive and sweet to you right now while you're so fragile. My dear ol' husband just laughs at me in my misery! :o) There for a while he had nicknamed me "Fatty McButterpants"....yeah, that didn't last long!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! You'll love looking back on these one day after the baby is a little bigger. It will give you a lot of laughs. Thanks for sending your new link! I like the new space! I hope you're doing well and having a good weekend. I hope it's full of lots of sleep and no "scatterdness.:)

Zoe D. said...

I just wanted to welcome you to blogspot! I love your layout:)