Monday, April 2, 2007

My stalker nature revealed.

I don't have much to post about today, but I figured I'd write anyway since I'm bored. I want to go out and do something today, but hubby has the Navigator and took it to Wheeling, so who knows when he'll be back. So right now I'm vehicle-less.

I'm trying to work up the motivation to clean carpets (FUN!) but I made the mistake of sitting on the couch and turning on TLC... a Wedding Story is on, and who am I to pass THAT show up?! I had to laugh though... I remember when I would get sooooo excited when this show was on, because MY "Big Day" was coming up. Now, I'm tuned in to "A Baby Story" 24-7, and can't wait for THAT big day! I cry everytime I see that show... I'm such a sap. The only thing I hate is when the women are SCREAMING THEIR HEADS OFF... I don't want to hear THAT, for goodness sake! I want to be naive and think an epidural will take all the pain away and all I'll have to do is push a few times and have my baby out. No screaming involved. LOL. My husband jokingly told me, "If you yell at me, I'll yell back." I have a feeling I'll either be one extreme or the other... I'll be really loud or you won't hear much at all from me. I don't know which side of Betsy will come out... ought to be interesting.

Anyway... can I say what a beautiful day today is? Blue skies and sunny, baby! Love it. It's supposed to be around 70 degrees today. But what's up with the fact that this weekend is going to be in the 40's and..... SNOWING?!!??! And I'm off all weekend too! How bad does THAT suck. This weather is nuts. I don't want to be busting the sweaters out again. I want "70 degrees, keep your windows open all day" weather.

New topic.

Lastnight, Russ told me he wants to go away for a weekend sometime soon. We've been talking about going somewhere in May, sort of a "Babymoon", but have no idea where. We're thinking of driving down to the Outer Banks again for a few days. I told Russ I really don't want to be flying anywhere... heck, I don't even know what the cutoff is for being allowed to fly when you're pregnant. 7-8 months or something? So now I'm just waiting for my new schedule to come out, so I know what weekends I have off. Fortunately, I usually have four-day weekends off, so we'll be able to leave on a Friday and come back early Monday or whatever. This'll probably all have to happen Mid-May sometime, since the first weekend of May I'm having my baby shower!

Speaking of my baby shower... can I say how much I CANNOT WAIT FOR IT?! I can't wait to see all the cute little baby things I get for little Aly. It's taking everything in me not to go out and buy a crapload of clothes for her. I want to wait and see what I still need after the shower. Oh... and I have a confession to make.

I, Betsy, am a registry stalker. I can't help it!!! I went on my Walmart registry the other day to remove an item I didn't need anymore, and saw that someone already bought our Pack 'N Play for us!!! I'm so PUMPED! It matches our stroller/carseat travel system. So now, I can't help but check the damn registry out EVERY....SINGLE...DAY. Sometimes-- gasp!----more than once. Yeah, it's that bad. LOL. I'm trying not to peek, but it's too tempting. I did the same thing with my wedding registry. "Look honey, we got our pots and pans! Look, we got our silverware!" Now it's talk of pack n' plays and baby bibs. Heh.

Alright, I've rambled enough for now. Time to go do something productive! Cause you know, what else would I want to do on a beautiful sunny day but stay inside and clean carpets? Ok...so maybe that can wait til tomorrow.....

Have a GREAT day!

8 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

I am totally with you on TLC's "A Wedding Story", and "A Baby Story". I LOVE, love those shows!!! And I like watching the "A Baby Story" to know what I may be getting into eventually. It's good to be prepared, I guess. I was that way with my wedding registry, too! It's fun to be able to peek in a way, before you get the stuff! And I am sure when my time comes for a baby registry, I will do the exact same thing! Good luck with those carpets! When we move, we are going to have to replace what little carpet we have left (we pulled up most of it already and put down hardwood laminate flooring) because our small dogs have peed all over it, despite our best efforts to get them not to.

Mrs. Taco said...

LOL I remember getting on my baby registry and I trying to figure out what was missing. I refused to let myself scroll to the bottom to see what had been bought so I would stay at the top portion and would try to remember everything we registered for and then see what was missing. Sometimes I could catch the items quickly and sometimes I wouldn't even know the item had been bought until I was opening it at the shower. LOL :p Well, I hope you have a great day. It's still nice here too but like you, we are supposed to get colder weather too. Ugh! I just hope it's decent on Sunday. I don't want my baby's legs getting cold in her little outfit! LOL :p

Kristen Miller said...

LOL...Okay
A) I didn't even know Wedding Story and Baby Story still came on. Oh my God...I must check my listings. I've been watching Birth Day and Runway Mom's on Discovery Health to get my fill.

B) I'm a registry stalker too...most of the time I have a twice a day habit. Toby and I kept checking this weekend. We're like yelling at the computer "come on people it's 2 weeks away...get with the program and buy us something already!". Not one single item purchased this weekend. Major bummer...yeah...We Suck!

Mrs. Taco said...

I just got on your registry (I wanted to check out what cute things you registered for. :p) and saw that you registered for the Playtex Ventair bottles. And I feel compelled to tell you that you can't wash the rubber bottom part in the dishwasher. Anthony and I did that and the stupid things broke down and the bottles started leaking. They don't even sell the rubber part to replace it with. We eventually got so frustrated that we went out and bought all new bottles. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't get stuck with leaky bottles like we did. :o)

And when in May is your shower?

Jodi said...

Yay, you're having an Aly too!!!?? We're going to end up calling Alizabeth, Ali!

When I'm home during the day...it's TLC all day long baby!!! Love that chanel!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a registry peeker as well! I did it for my wedding registry...I'm sure I'll do it again!!!! I see it like this....you set up that registry for people to know what you need, okay so, you know people are going to buy you some of those things and even though you may know what you've gotten, you still don't know WHO bought it for you! See, still the element of suprise! :o)

Jenny said...

If you are planning a babymoon, I would recommend doing it soon--during the 2nd trimester. Once I got to 32 weeks, I was much more uncomfortable and didn't want to stray too far. Most airlines start to restrict after 36 weeks. However, we did a weekend trip that wazs 3 hrs away and that was perfect!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to stay away from the registries once you know people are buying. I admit it...despite my strong statement I was going to exert my willpower I too have become a registry stalker. :)

audreybreier said...

Nathan and I are going to be going to Louisville (about 9 hours away) when I'm around 34 weeks. I'm kinda nervous about it, but I know it'll be fine!

I'm a peeker too! I check it everyday and then get bummed out because nothing has been bought haha. My shower is next weekend, so I hope things start disappearing sometime soon!!