Friday, April 13, 2007

Computer anyone? It's on me!

Happy Birthday to me... happy birthday to me. Happy Birthday dear meeeeeeeeeeeeeee, happy birthday to me!

Yep, today's my bday. The big 2-7. 3 years from 30---yikes!

I just finished up work this morning, so I'll be spending part of my day sleeping. More than likely I'll be sleeping through the exact time I was born. (10:51am!)

This afternoon my parents are coming over, then Russ and I are going to celebrate in style (lol) at a local indoor arena football game with a few friends. Tomorrow we are going to dinner up on Mount Washington in Pittsburgh... ought to be a good time!

Other than that, not much exciting going on. Unless you count the identity theft I found out I've been a victim of. (Grr...)

Yesterday at 4pm, Russ answered the phone and it was a lady from Dell computers, asking if I had opened up a dell account and purchased a computer. (Um... no?) So Russ put her on speakerphone so we could both hear. She said that I needed to contact one of the credit bureaus, and gave me the number for Experian. I had to put a temporary alert on my credit report, and now if anyone tries to open up an account in my name, I'll get a phone call to verify that it is really ME doing so.

This same damn thing happened to me in December of 2005. Someone opened up a dell account and attempted to purchase a computer in my name. I had to go through all this same BS back then. I just can't believe it happened again. Evidentally whoever is doing this hung onto my personal info and figured they'd try their luck and see if they'd be able to open an account again.

Yesterday while we had the Dell girl on speakerphone, she told us they will be sending me out an affadavit to fill out. She said they will be investigating this whole issue. Russ goes, "Well, obviously you have the shipping address there, can't you just do something with that?" He kept asking her to tell us where the computer was going, and all she'd tell us was that the shipping address is located in Georgia. She wouldn't give us the city or anything though. So now today we have to file a report with our local police department---again--- and hope that they'll investigate things a little further. (Yeah, right.) Happy frickin' birthday to me, huh?! Just what I want to be doing... talking to cops on my birthday. Fun fun.

Well, I'm off to take a nap. Hope everyone has a great day today!

9 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

That sucks...royally! I can't believe that's happened to you...and more than once at that. I guess I'm lucky it hasn't happened to us yet. Either that or my credit isn't appealing enough to steal. :)

Anyway I hope it all gets cleared up soon. You have a great birthday and a wonderful weekend!

Me said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with the identity theft. What a pain. We are almost the exact same age! My birthday is May 25th, and I'll be 27, too. You're a fellow 80-baby. Have a great day!

cdsbutterfly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hopes it goes a little better for you.

Mrs. Taco said...

Hey, happy birthday!!! :p I hope things get taken care of for you. That sucks that it's happened twice now! Poor girl! :o(

Jodi said...

Happy 27th!!!!! Sorry to hear about the identity theft! Sucks that it's happened before! But, atleast you're an ol' pro by now! :o)

Have a great weekend, and enjoy your birthday!!!

audreybreier said...

I hope you have a great birthday despite the identity theft thing! That totally sucks! I hope it all gets taken care of soon!

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to you! Hey, 30 isn't all that bad (I'm 32!) but enjoy yourself as much as a preggo gal can!!

Theresa said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Betsy! I hope it gets better for you...make Russ take you someplace tonight for dinner :)

That sucks that you're having to deal with someone trying to open accounts in your name...strange that they'd still have your info or try it again after the last time. People are weird.

Anyways...Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Betsy...Happy Birthday to you!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!