Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rambly randomness

Hello :-)

I’m bored so I just wanted to write in here… it’s probably going to be one of those “I don’t have anything to write about, so I’ll probably just end up rambling” type of posts.

Unfortunately, I’m not feeling very well tonight, so I reported off work. I’ve been dealing with a ‘stomach thing’ over the past few days. Nothing major, but enough to make me feel crappy. No pun intended. I’m just kinda achy and crampy now, so I figured I’d just take tonight and rest, since I’ve been pretty busy lately.

Yesterday Joelle and I went to Pittsburgh with her kids… we ate lunch at Olive Garden (YUM!) and then did some shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond and Old Navy. I laughed and told Joelle, “Yeah, you can tell I haven’t been out shopping in awhile.” I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. BB&B is definitely one of my favorite places…. soooo many cute things for the house!:-) At Old Navy I got everyone a little something. I bought pj’s and tank tops for me, some cute onesies, pants and shorts for little Aly, and some polo shirts for Russ.

The kids got a little cranky after all that shopping, and I had to admit I was a little tired too, so we skipped the mall and just came home. It was almost 4:30pm anyway, and I knew my husband would be calling me whining, “What’s for dinner? When are you going to be home?” God forbid he has to (gasp) HEAT SOMETHING UP! Or worse… MAKE SOMETHING HIMSELF! I think hell would freeze over. Or maybe the world might end. One of the two. Does anyone else’s husband act helpless sometimes? LOL.

Anyway…. Before shopping yesterday, Russ and I went and looked at a few houses. I don’t even know why we bothered, but we did. The realtor guy we deal with called Russ out of the blue about a week ago and told him about this house close by that just went on the market… it’s in a really nice neighborhood, very kid-friendly. Though we haven’t been looking to move by any means, we decided we’d take a look at it, along with another one on the same street. Russ really liked the first one, though the WHOLE HOUSE needed new carpeting. I tried to get past the godawful carpet and paint job (not to mention the owners’ bad taste in decorating) and look at the structure of the house. The house itself was nice. There are beautiful stone fireplaces in the living room and master bedroom, and the same stone is in the foyer. And the kitchen was spacious, with all oak cabinets.... and, um...that’s about it. I just couldn’t get past all the things that needed fixed.

The second house was just ‘ok’ to look at from the outside. It’s a newer house, mostly brick, but no ‘wow factor’ from the outside. The inside was really nice… all the carpet was new, and there were hardwood floors in the kitchen and living room. I liked the fact that not much needed done to the place, while Russ said he just didn’t like the layout OR the house. Russ and I just have two different ways of looking at things… he figures we can get a nice big house for a decent price and just put money into fixing things up; I want something that’s pretty much move-in ready that we DON’T have to fix up a lot, though it might be more money. So needless to say, we’ll probably be in our current house for a LONG TIME….lol. We’ve just put so much money into our house over the past 3 years… hardwood, ceramic tile, deck and hot tub, new windows, bathroom, etc…. now we’re getting ready to renovate the upstairs bathroom since we’ve never done anything but paint it. We’ve never had any reason to use the upstairs, but now with the baby coming, everything’s changing. Another reason why I hate to move… having little Aly is going to be a MAJOR life change, and I’m not going to be adjusting to having a child AND trying to pack up and move. That’d be a little much for one time, don’t you think?!

See, I told you I’d be rambling in this post.

Last but not least… dealing with having a new baby. For all you mommies-to-be who read my blog…. Do any of you feel TOTALLY overwhelmed right now? Like do you feel you’ll NEVER be ready to have a baby? Or at least just not for awhile?? It’s just that on one hand, I feel ready to have a baby, but then on the other hand I’m just plain freaked out about it. I keep thinking about all the things I still need to do. The things I don’t know HOW to do. The things I still need to buy. Will I be a good mom? How will Russ take to being a daddy? How will my DOGS take to the baby?



Ugh… so many thoughts in my head. I guess the fact that I’m nearing the end of my pregnancy has started to sink in, and I realize that I will be having a little one in a few short months. It’s still so hard to believe!

Alright, enough rambling for tonight. Have a good night.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, I totally get freaked out sometimes! I've wanted a baby for what seems like forever, and then when I actually think about it....I almost have a panic attack. It's crazy....very overwhelming!

Sorry you're feelin' poopy! Get feeling better!

Kristen Miller said...

I'm feeling the same way. Just wait till after your baby shower...it gets worse! Everyone's talking about the new baby, then you get home and your house is taken over by all this "stuff" that you have no idea what to do with. You really realize just how soon all these changes are going to take place. I'm SO freaking out right now!

audreybreier said...

I am right there with you! I get nervous sometimes, but I think what really stresses me out is that I'm due in 6 weeks and we have nothing..not even a crib! We do have a bassinet, but that's about it. It's really stressing me out! I'm not so worried about the actually having a baby thing, just not being ready for it at all stresses me out!

LCP said...

YOu will be a great mom...I completely understand where you are coming from though. And it passes and when you are thrown into having to be a mom...you just do it. You don't have time to think about it or worry about it, you just do it. It is an amazing thing that God gave to us!!!

LP

Heather said...

I defintely get a little freaked out every now and then. One day I feel completely ready and the next I feel like I have so much to do. I can't believe that we only have a couple of months left!

Jenny said...

Don't worry about that feeling of being overwhelmed--by the time you get to your due date, you will be so anxious to see Aly that you will tell yourself you can handle anything just to get her out here in your arms!! I was initially worried about everything--work, money, the house, my abilities as a mom. Now, I am actually no longer worried and just excited.