Saturday, April 14, 2007

All Aboaaaaaaaaaaaard! Ha ha ha!!

Good morning!

Well, my birthday turned out to be a great day!

Like I said I would in my previous post, I fell asleep and slept right through my ACTUAL birth time. I awoke to the front door opening and Russ coming inside, carrying a dozen red roses for me! They are THE most beautiful roses I've ever gotten! I placed them right in the middle of our dining room table. Here's a picture:




I eventually fell back to sleep and slept until about 2pm. I called my parents on their cell phone, and they were out at the mall. My mom was all excited and said, "We have some presents for youuuuu!" They asked if I wanted to meet them for dinner, but Russ had my vehicle so I had no way to meet them. They ended up coming over around 4:30 and brought Russ and I dinner, along with lots of presents for me! Not to sound greedy, but it's nice to get something for ME instead of just baby gifts for a change...lol.

My parents bought me a spring wreath for the front door (which I've been wanting!) and some Bath and Body works lotions, body spray, and a home fragrance kit in the same scent which comes with one of those tea light holders and fragrance oil. (Cause they know what a candle freak I am...I can never have enough!)

Here's the wreath... it looks so good on the front door. They bought it for me because it has my favorite flower in the whole wide world on it... tulips :-)




My parents stayed over our house until about 6:15pm. Around 7pm, Russ and I picked up our friends and the four of us went to see our local indoor arena football team, the "Steubenville Stampede." This was the first arena football game I've been to, and it was definitely different! Russ decided what the heck and bought box seats for the season, so we got to sit right up front, which is kinda exciting and freaked me out at the same time, considering those footballs fly in the crowd constantly. I joked that I would be happy just to get out of there without being hit in the head with a football!

The Stampede ended up winning 65-55. It was a pretty exciting game! Now they're 3-0 for the season so far.

What I didn't think about before the game was the fact that there obviously would be VERY LOUD music there... lol. With every song, little Aly kicked the crap out of me. They played all the usual sporting event "get the crowd into it" music, during which all you felt was the vibration of the bass in the music. Aly seemed particularly affected by the beginning of Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train," where he screams, "All Aboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard! Ha ha ha!" I think that freaked her out a bit. Poor girl... she was probably wondering what the heck was going on and what crazy place mommy had taken her.

We got home from the game around 10:30pm, and both of us were ready for bed. The rest of the evening was, unfortunately, uneventful (lol) but all we could both think about was sleep. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. (With a dog on either side of me and surrounded by more pillows, of course!)

So that was my bday in a nutshell.

Today we're leaving around 4pm to head to Pittsburgh for dinner. It's not a 'suit and tie' kinda place, but more casual dressy. I'm excited to be able to get dressed up and go out for a nice romantic dinner. We haven't done that for awhile.

Our friends Dean and Joelle (I have pics of their kids on here a few posts back) are having a birthday party today for their little daughter Jillian. I'm not sure exactly what time it starts, but they know we have had dinner reservations for weeks and may not be able to be there for the party. I'm going to run (well, drive) over there early this afternoon to visit for awhile and give Jillian her birthday gift. We got her a drawing pad she can lay out on the floor and color on... it comes with a marker that you just fill up with water and it draws only on the pad. She can reuse it over and over, and mommy and daddy don't have to worry about markers on the carpet. I thought it was a neat idea. Also, we got her a cute little stuffed puppy that barks and wags its tail when you pet it. It comes with a little plastic bottle... supposedly the puppy burps and falls asleep after you 'feed' the bottle to him. Russ had been joking with Dean that we were going to get Jillian a real puppy for her birthday, so I thought this would be cute. I told Russ, "Well, you can still tell Dean we got her a puppy for her birthday!"

Alright, that's it for now. I've been up since 5am (due to the usual middle-of-the-night bathroom trip followed by not being able to fall back to sleep)... so I'm gonna try to lay back down for a few hours.

Have a great weekend, everyone!! Oh, and I updated my pregnancy blog, so check it out if you get a minute! (Sorry for any repeats between the two posts!)

5 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Glad that you had a great birthday!

Jodi said...

Glad you had a good birthday! The roses are very pretty, and I love the wreath!!!

Our little Ali really gets movin' to loud noises now too. Especially when the dog barks...I think it scares the crap outta her!

Kristen Miller said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday. I'm glad you got some good stuff for you. It does feel really good to be able to focus on yourself for a second instead of always having baby on the brain.

P.S. Tulips are my favorite too! My mom bought fresh ones for decorations at the shower yesterday. So beautiful!

audreybreier said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday, and you got some good presents! And, the roses are SO pretty!! Russ did a good job :)

Jenny said...

Happy birthday! What beautiful flowers you got. Sounds like you had a great time.