Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another $25 espresso, please!

Recap on the past few weeks, since it's taken me forever to post again :-)

It's pretty much been the same old same old lately... the weather here has been crazy so I haven't gotten out a whole lot. If we're not getting crazy amounts of snow, it's either raining buckets or we have 40-50 mph winds going on. Ugh. Not the best weather to take a baby out in. We had about 5 inches of snow this past week, then it turned to rain which froze to ice overnight, then it snowed again. Just a little bit of everything. Right now it's in the 50's outside and rainy, then tomorrow it's supposed to be snowing again. I am SO ready for warm weather!!! I can't wait to be able to spend time outside with Alyson! :-) Speaking of my sweet little girl, she's officially crawling and her curiosity is driving me insane!! LOL She goes from one corner of the living room to the other in what seems like 0.2 seconds, and I find her either attempting to chew on one of the dogs' rawhide bones,heading for the fireplace hearth and all the decorations I have ON IT... or she's crawling up on the shelf underneath the coffee table. Her curious nature has already earned her 1 tiny bruise on her forehead from bumping it on the coffee table. She's a tough one though... she cried for a few seconds, then was back to laughing and playing. Kids...if only we adults could bounce back that quickly...lol! So yeah, she's definitely keeping me busy these days. She serenades me with endless "na na na na na na's" and "ma ma ma ma's" and "meh meh meh's", with an occasional raspberry thrown in there. It's adorable. Last week, we were at my parents' house and she had been doing the "ma meh" thing....well, she looked up and goes, "Ma...ma" and my mom goes, "She said MAMA!" I said, "No...she said mama...but she didn't REALLY say mama." LOL. If only she knew what she was saying. :-)

So that's the update with my little one. We are officially in size 3 diapers, and I'm sure she's a 20-pounder by now. Taking her places in her carrier seat is getting REAL OLD, REAL QUICK. It feels like I'm carrying 50 pounds now. I just hate to take her out and carry her sometimes since the weather's been so crazy. Ugh.

Anyway... so how was everyones' Valentine's Day? Being that it was snowing and Russ worked long hours this past week, we didn't do anything on Valentine's Day. We saved our going out for the weekend. Some friends of ours have been raving about this restaurant in Pittsburgh, so we made reservations and all went there lastnight. There were 4 couples in all, and it was SUCH a good time!! All of us have kids, and so we were all happy to have an ADULT night out... it had been awhile for everyone!

The restaurant we went to in Pittsburgh was an Italian restaurant called Davio. It seats 40-some people, I believe, so reservations are highly recommended. They don't have a liquor license, so you can bring your own wine...there's just a corking fee. We had about 6 bottles of wine for the 8 of us, and it was all gone by the end of the night! I only had about a glass and a half of wine, and I was feeling it....but by the end of the evening, all that food completely made that feeling disappear!! The food was really good.... expensive, but good! I got filet mignon, and Russ got a sirloin. Russ decided he wanted a double espresso, so he ordered one, then another....then another.... and then we found out that double espressos were about $25 a piece! He drank, like, $100 in espresso. LMAO! He didn't care though.... we were out to have a good time. We figured, we don't do this everyday....it's more like a "once a year" type restaurant to go to and just splurge, so what the heck! We all got a good laugh out of it though! The bill for the 8 of us came to almost $700! CUH-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY! It was all worth it though... just to be out (childless!) with close friends, wine, good food.....and not to mention the FABULOUS flourless Russian chocolate sable cake for dessert. OH. MY. GOD. That cake may very well have been better than sex....LOL! Their desserts are sooooooooooo good...I highly recommend them....hehe. Everyone got something different, so we were all passing them around so we could sample them! I'm watching what I eat and all, but all I did with that cake was watch it go from my plate to my mouth. YUM.

Here's a picture of all of us that some nice guy offered to take! Click on it for the bigger pic...this is the only size that would fit right into my blog :-)


Photobucket

I definitely think we'll be going back there again... maybe not for awhile, and maybe minus a few espressos.....but we'll be back!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Woah, wasn't expecting to see that you actually posted! :o) Good to hear from you! Aly sounds like she's getting SO big! I totally hear ya on the carrier thing! The thing weighs a ton with them in it! It'll be nice when they're in a "big girl" carseat!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Aly sounds like she is just thriving! How wonderful!

Platinum Rose said...

Oh boy, what fun I have to look forward to someday, when my future baby is crawling around trying to eat our dogs' bones and food!!! I am sorry you have been having such bad weather. That does sound miserable! Your dinner out sounded like an amazing time! I can't believe you all spent that much, and that an espresso costed THAT much! That's crazy! I have never heard of a place where you bring your own drinks either, but I think that's really cool. Anyway, sounds like a really fun night!!

Kristen Miller said...

Wow! That sounds like a really great time with friends. Isn't it so different now to actually be able to get out and do something? The bill sounds a bit steep but like it was worth it anyway.

How exciting that Aly is crawling now too. A few of our babies started crawling right around the same time. We're all in for it too! Lol! I still have yet to baby proof the rest of the house...so mainly Jackson is confined to his room. Poor little guy!

It was good hearing from you. :)