Wednesday, July 25, 2007

All is quiet in the Hunt house... for now, anyway.

Yes, I'm FINALLY getting to write another post! Aly just fell asleep, so mommy now has some "me time." Me-time is very precious these days! Unfortunately, when Aly sleeps, I'm usually doing things like making up bottles, cleaning house, or on very rare occasions, taking a nap myself. Not much time for "interneting" lately :-(

Things have been going well...little Aly is as ornery as ever. She's holding her little head up more, though she still looks like a little drunk when she tries to do it...lol. She's so alert, and is smiling more and more. We took a trip to my mom and dad's today for a few hours... they needed their "gram and pap fix," as they call it. They can't go more than a few days without seeing Alyson, or they're calling me saying, "Are you bringing her over?" or "We're gonna stop out, ok?" They're such proud grandparents. They want to watch Aly this weekend, so she's going to stay with them Saturday night. It'll give Russ and I some time together, so it'll be a good thing. We're thinking of heading to Pittsburgh on Saturday, more than likely we'll spend the day out there on the boat soaking up some sun and relaxing. (Ha-- relaxing...what's THAT?!)

Tomorrow, Aly and I are making our first 'big trip', just the two of us. Yeah, so we're just going to Pittsburgh, but it's still a big venture for us. The only places we've gone where it's just the two of us have been the grocery store and my parents' house. We're meeting up with my friend Joelle and her kids, and Deana and her son... a "girls and kids day out." We're gonna eat lunch at Olive Garden and then go to the mall. :-) I'm excited... I need to get out of the house for awhile.

In other post-pregnancy news... I've decided to start a diet. I started it a week ago and I'm down 4 pounds already. I am 5 pounds away from pre-preggo weight, but it feels like 50! I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans the other day and I can ALMOST button/zip them, but it's still a stretch. But what gets me is that they are tighter in the hip/thigh area...GRR! I actually felt like i LOST weight in that area while I was pregnant, so why the tightness?! Guess it's the inevitable attack of the "childbearing hips." I just hate the fact that I'm totally in the 'in-between' stage where fitting into clothes is concerned. I don't wanna wear maternity stuff anymore, but I still have to wear some of my maternity pants/jeans, and I don't feel right in my pre-prego clothes yet. It's so darn annoying. It puts me in a bad mood when I think about it. I went from having a big wardrobe to NO wardrobe. I don't want to go shopping for in-between sized clothing that I'm not going to fit into in a few months. (wishful thinking.)

So we'll see how this diet goes. I'm still at the grouchy stage right now, where I'm wanting what I can't (well, SHOULDN'T) have.... i.e. chocolate, chocolate, anything to do with carbs, chocolate, carbs, and did I mention chocolate? To solve the chocolate issue, I've been drinking those slimfast optima chocolate shakes. They're pretty good, if I say so myself.

Well, I hear a fussy baby who is ready to eat-- YET AGAIN! So this'll have to be it for now. Hopefully I can start posting more often within the coming weeks. :-)

Take care... :-)

7 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

You're doing great! Only 5 pounds left to lose is a huge accomplishment. You should be really proud of yourself. I am definitely more hippy now than I was before the pregnancy. Although I had NO hips before-hand...so I kind of like it.

Yeah...don't rush out and buy new clothes. I did and 2 weeks later they're too big for me. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but it was a waste of money. The way I'm eating lately though I'm sure to gain some back.

Have fun on your first big outing with Aly! It's intimidating at first but you'll have a great time. :)

Jenny said...

You are doing great with your weight but I can certainly empathize with you about how things just don't fit right anymore. Those babies really do stretch you out!!

Have fun on your little trip and give that Aly a hug from all her online aunties!!

Heather said...

Oh I hear you on the clothing issue! It's so frustrating. I had to go shopping today for a wedding tomorrow and I just about gave up!

Good luck on the diet!

Platinum Rose said...

I hope you have a great weekend! I am glad you and Russ are getting an evening alone on Saturday! Enjoy! And best of luck with your diet! That's great you have already lost most of your weight. Don't get frustrated, you have done a great job already!

audreybreier said...

That's great that you've already lost most of your weight! I'm so jealous of you and Kristen losing the weight so fast! I still have 20 pounds to go before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I hope your outing with Ali went well!

Jodi said...

ah, isn't it nice to have a minute or two to get on here and see how everyone is doing!!? I feel like I'm trying to do so much "catch up" that I don't think to post myself!

Great job on the losing weight! You'll be back in those clothes so soon! And, as far as the hips are concerned...I got acomment from a co-worker the other day (had to make a visit to work to show her off!)she said "glad to see you're gonna keep those childbearing hips!" ugh! No, I want them to go away!!! I'm with ya sista!

Kristen Miller said...

P.S. I miss you! :) Hope you and Aly are doing great.