Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The "I couldn't think of anything to write, so here's a survey" post

I'm tired but not ready to go to bed yet... wanted to update my blog but do not have the brain power right now to think of something interesting to write about. SO--- it's survey time! Here's a little about me :-)


1. What time did you get up this morning?
8am

2. Diamonds or pearls?
diamonds

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
HA! Wow that was a long time ago. I'm a "wait til it comes out on dvd" (or Comcast On-Demand in my case) kinda person. I would have to say it was one of the American Pie movies. Yeah-- long time ago.

4. What's your favorite TV show?
Right now I am absolutely loving "The Voice." I'm also into Dancing with the Stars mostly because of Hines Ward being on the show shaking his booty every week. Other favorites include Law and Order:SVU, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, House Hunters/House Hunters International (well, anything HGTV usually) and yes, my soap which I DVR religiously-- Young and the Restless. ;-)

5. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Honey Nut Cheerios and a cup of hot tea.

6. What's your favorite cuisine?
Italian! Though some General Tso's Chicken sounds reeeeeally good right now...

7. What foods do you dislike?
I don't do oysters or anything slimy like that. And grapefuit-- just can't do it. Also tried some collard greens at my in-laws' house (they grew up in VA so they always ate them) and yeah-- not a fan.

8. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Probably tostitos scoops with salsa or salsa con queso. *drool*

9. What's your favorite CD at the moment?
A mix cd I made years back of songs that remind me of my crazy college years.

10. What kind of car do you drive?
black GMC Yukon Denali

11. Favorite sandwich?
chicken salad wrap with lettuce, tomato and cheese

12. What characteristics do you despise?
as evidenced by my previous post-- hypocrisy is one. People who are dishonest or two-faced. Materialistic people or people who think they are above everyone.

13. What is your favorite type of clothing?
I like anything comfortable, without giving off that "I'm a mom and have no time for myself" vibe. ;-) Jeans and a cute shirt suits me just fine. But when I'm relaxing at home, pj/lounge pants here I come.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation.Where?
I would love to go to Italy or anywhere tropical.

15. What color is your bathroom?
one is white, one is green.

16. Favorite brand of clothing?
no favorite brand... anything that looks cute is fine with me.

17. Where would you retire to?
hands down-- Outer Banks of North Carolina. Love love love it there.

18. Favorite time of the day?
Night time after the kiddos and hubby are in bed. I can actually hear myself think.

19. What was your most memorable birthday?
My 21st... though it was only memorable to a certain point.... ;-) lol

20. Where were you born?
Steubenville, OH

21. Favorite sport to watch?
Pittsburgh Steelers football and Pittsburgh Penguins hockey

22. What fabric detergent do you use?
Tide... and when I want to shake it up a bit I use Tide w/ April Fresh Downy ;-)

23. Were you named after anyone?
My middle name (Jane) is after my grandmother. (mom's mom)

24. Do you wish on stars?
eh... not really.

25. When did you last cry?
LoL... I got kinda teary-eyed watching Hines Ward start crying on DWTS, if that counts. Last CRY cry was probably a few weeks ago when I was feeling so freaking frustrated and overwhelmed. It was a bad day with the kiddos and I just had a lot on my plate that day. Sometimes a good cry makes you feel SO much better!

26. Do you like your handwriting?
Most of the time. When I'm not writing in a hurry, I like it.

27. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Absolutely! I think I'm a great friend. I am loyal, supportive, trustworthy, honest and fun with a little sarcastic smartassedness (is that a word) thrown in there. ;-) I would give the shirt off my back (but I might have to keep my bra) if you needed it.

28. Are you a daredevil?
Let me think.....uh, no.

29. Do looks matter?
Sometimes

30. How do you release anger?
Yell...cry... throw random (unbreakable) things at walls... have a margarita.... ;-)

31. What were your favorite toys as a child?
my Casio keyboard, hula hoop, my barbies/barbie dollhouse, games like Candyland and Sorry....

32. What class in High School was totally useless?
I'd have to say Spanish, only because we spent more time watching La Bamba and eating candy than learning Spanish. I would have liked to come away from 3 years of Spanish class having known how to say more than "hola" "Como estas" and random spanish curse words. I think my daughter at 4 years old knows more spanish due to Dora and Diego than I learned in 3 years of spanish class!

33 Favorite movies? Armageddon, Empire Records, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Mummy, Billy Madison, The Notebook


34. What are your nicknames?
My coworkers called me Bethel, but I don't really have any current nicknames.

35. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
no

36. Do you think that you are strong?
I try to be. I've gotten stronger over the years.

37. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? oreo

38. What is your favorite color?
blue

39. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I care too much what people think.

40. Who do you miss the most?
my relatives who live far away... my grandparents who've passed

41 What color pants are you wearing?
Grey pj pants

42. Last thing you ate?
cheddar cheese chex mix...that stuff is addictive.

43. Favorite song?
hmm... right now I would say it is Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"

44. If you were a CRAYON what color would you be?
red

45. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My cousin Brenda

46. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
hmm... I'd say eyes.

47. Favorite drink?
hot tea

48. Do you wear contacts?
nope. No glasses or contacts.....yet.

49. Favorite day of the year?
Christmas Day

50. Endings happy or sad?
Happy of course

51. Winter/summer?
Summer, no contest.

52. Hugs OR Kisses?
Both, please.

53. What is Your Favorite Dessert?
anything chocolate

54. What Book(s) are you reading? Just got done reading "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. Very very interesting read...

55. What is on your mouse pad?
Pittsburgh Penguins hockey schedule

56. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
DVR'd shows-- Y&R, Tabatha's Salon Takeover

57. Favorite Smells?
my clean kiddos after their baths, vanilla candles, fresh baked bread, the air outside after it rains, clothes fresh out of the dryer

58. Stones or Beatles?
Stones

59. What's the furthest you've been from home?
probably the Caribbean... either Punta Cana or Cayman Islands, not sure which is further from me

60.What is the most memorable moment in your life to date?
The birth of Alyson and Will, and my wedding day :-) Best moments of my life, hands down.

1 comments:

Rusti said...

I like reading these, they're a fun way to get to know a little more about you :)