Saturday, May 21, 2011

Picture time!

I woke up this morning to find something it feels like we haven't seen for quite awhile...

SUNSHINE!!!!

This weather has been crazy... it's really depressing to wake up every morning to clouds and/or dreary rainy weather. Finally, some sunshine!! Puts me in a much better mood. But one weird thing it makes me want to do is clean...LOL! I have no idea why. Maybe because I can open the windows up and get the fresh air in the house, so I want the house to be nice and clean. I dunno. I just know I have to take advantage of this burst of housecleaning motivation while it lasts. But I have to put the important things first-- like blogging.;-)

Well, yesterday my mom and I took the kiddos to Sears for their birthday pics. Alyson will be 4 on June 21st and Will is going to be 1 year old TOMORROW!!! I still can't believe a whole year has gone by already.

AND-- of course--- a few nights ago Will was playing near a big bin of toys we have in the living room, when all the sudden he started crying really loudly. I scooped him up and held him on my lap for a bit until he stopped crying, then he turned around and looked at me and I saw a nickle-sized knot on his right cheek. Instant bruise. He either fell onto one of his toys, or hit his cheek off the end of the toy bin. Poor little guy. Needless to say, he got his very first face bruise two. days. before. pictures. I couldn't cancel the pictures because we are moving next week, and I knew if I didn't do it now, they wouldn't get done in time for their birthdays. So, we went for pictures yesterday, bruised face and all. And of course they don't do touch-ups at Sears for some crazy reason. You'd think they would. The pics turned out really cute, but you can still see the bruise in the pics. Guess it will give us something to talk about when he's older...

Anyway, Will totally did not want ANYTHING to do with pictures at first. But I guess you can't expect to plop a one year-old with stranger anxiety down on a backdrop and expect him to instantly be a smiley camera ham. I feel like I got a nice workout from chasing him around the room,picking him up and trying to make him somewhat pose for the girl. We gave him a little break and my mom fed him some of a bottle while my true camera ham got her pictures taken. Aly was LOVING getting her picture taken. She kept wanting to lay down on her belly. She was so cooperative and did exactly what the girl asked her to do-- what a breath of fresh air...lol. After Aly was done, Will was starting to come around a bit, so we got a few decent poses of him. No smiles though. My normally smiley boy just did not want to smile at all. :-( I told the girl, "As long as we get ONE pose of each of them separately and one together, I'm happy." Surprisingly, there were quite a few decent ones to pick from. And of course, I couldn't decide which ones I liked the best and ended up spending way too much money on way too many pics,which I told myself I WOULD NOT DO. Ugh... oh well. There will be lots of pics of the kiddos up around the new house :-)

I'm adding some pics from yesterday at the end of this post. For those of you I'm friends with on FB, I posted the whole set of pics on there if you want to check the rest out.

Well, I guess I should get started with cleaning. I have a whole long list of things I need to do during this next week before we move, like scrubbing floors, washing walls, cleaning windows and blinds... you know, all the fun stuff. Rather than put our home on the market right away, Russ is renting it out to one of his employees and his family. We move out Friday the 27th, and they need to be in by the 1st to avoid paying another month's rent where they are now, so we need to hurry in order to have the house all ready for them. It's gonna be go-go-go this next week, so I might not be posting much til after the move. We'll see :-)

Have a great weekend!

Here are a few pics from yesterday...










1 comments:

Jess said...

I KNOW about the rain! Oh my gosh! The sun is SO WELCOME after all of it! Now if it can just stay dry (riiiight) a while so the farmers can get in to plant!

The kids are getting SO BIG. Where has time gone?