Thursday, June 14, 2007

Being a lazy butt!

I've been trying to do AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE today since I've gotten home from work. So far, I've slept and watched my soap opera, the Young and the Restless. LOL. Ahh, this is the life.

Haha...naa, actually I'm doing as little as possible because my husband is out of town for the day and I (can't believe I'm saying this...) DO NOT want to go into labor right now. Russ flew to Milwaukee for a work thing this morning and will be arriving back in Pittsburgh tonight around 9pm, so he should be back home by around 10pm. I told him this morning, "Just check your phone ALOT today to see if I've called!" He said that if something happened, he'd just catch an earlier flight back (it's only an hour flight, if that.) He laughed and goes, "Just try to hold off until Friday." I said, "Uh sure honey... I'll just push her back up in there if she decides to come today." LOL.

So far I'm doing fine though. Work lastnight was another story, though. I was worried there for awhile that today might be the day. This morning around 5:30am I got REALLY crampy and started having bad pains in my lower abdomen and lots of pressure, but Aly must have just been in a weird position. With all that, I suddenly got REALLY nauseated and clammy, then had to go throw up! TMI, sorry. But it sucked. I was going to leave work early, but as quick as all those signs and symptoms came, they left.

I've decided that at my doctor's appointment tomorrow, I'm going to get my work release note and not end up working this weekend. So I guess last night was my last night turn for awhile. (Yeah, if I could jump up and do cartwheels right now, I probably would.) I just feel bad because I'm still scheduled 4 more days before my due date, so we'll be short a nurse on those nights if I'm not there... but I just can't do it anymore. I've been so miserable these past few nights. It's not fun working a 12-hour shift and peeing every 2 minutes either, ya know? Everyone at work is always surprised to see me when I arrive... they're all like, "Wow,you're still here... we didn't think we'd be seeing you anymore!"

So I tried to stick it out with working. That's all I can do. I just can't work and be miserable the whole time anymore. It looks like tomorrow will be spent making human resources and the staffing office aware that this girl is officially DONE. For 3 or so months, anyway!

Alright, gotta go. I have, um, important things to do. Yeah right.

Have a great day! Oh, and keep those fingers and toes crossed that I get good news in the morning at my doctor's appointment.... come on, dilation! Come on, SOMETHING!

6 comments:

audreybreier said...

You're getting so close to your due date! That's so exciting! Nathan had to travel a lot really close to my due date and it made me so nervous so I know how you feel!

I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow! I hope you've made a lot of progress!

Enjoy your lazy day..those are the best!

Jodi said...

Shoot, I'm sooo ready to be done working NOW! I can't even imagine how you're feeling...and how anxious I'll be to be done working when I'm where you are. Take it easy tonight! We want daddy to be there! Good luck tomorrow at teh appt!!!

Kristen Miller said...

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I know all to well how frustrating they can be. ;)

Come on baby Aly! We want to see your adorable little face.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear news from your appointment (and I sure hope there's news!)

(and I *just* realized the my blogger profile doesn't have a link to my blog, it's angelaraew.blogspot.com)

Lis said...

I am waiting......dying to know....if she will arrive soon!!! I am so glad you have decided to be done with work....I was worried about you....don't push yourself too much. I hope you get to hold your baby very soon and we want pictures soon too!!!

Love, Lis xo

Platinum Rose said...

I'm keeping everything crossed that you got/are getting some good news at your appt!!