Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I love rollercoasters, but not the one I'm on today...

Ever since I learned of my planned induction yesterday, I've truly been in such a DAZE, like I said in my post yesterday.

My emotions are one big rollercoaster right now. I've been sitting here in amazement, thinking how today and tomorrow are my last two childless days for the rest of my life. Not in a bad way, mind you...but it's just crazy to think about.

It's the last two days where it's just "Me and Russ." Then on Thursday once Alyson is here, our little family of 2 turns into 3, and we're responsible for this new precious little life. And EVERYTHING is going to change.

Russ and I were sitting around talking lastnight, and that's all I could think about....how much things are going to change just in a few short days. It's not going to just be about me and him anymore...and I wonder how OUR relationship will change. I'm excited for what's to come, but so incredibly nervous at the same time.

*sigh*

For now, I'm just trying to get last-minute things done in the house. I have this list of things I'd like to get done within the next few days, but I have absolutely NO desire to do any of it. I'm just so TIRED! I really need to get myself motivated. It figures, any other day I'm a big ball of energy lately, but now that I HAVE to get things done, I am completely worn the heck out. Come on, energy...where'd you go?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe your energy scampered off with my motivation?....just a thought....haha!

It must be crazy but more so wonderful to think that in only two more sleeps (yes, I count in sleeps) Aly will be there :-)

audreybreier said...

I know exactly how you're feeling. The night before we were going in to be induced, Nathan and I could hardly sleep and Nathan made the comment "tomorrow, we take on a whole new title..we're parents!" It was so crazy to think about!

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of little Aly. She will be so precious!

Jodi said...

It's an amazing thought, yet one of the most nerve wracking ones!!! I can't even imagine how I'll be the days before Ali comes!! You have 40 wks to prepare and plan for this HUGE change, but once it comes down to it...nothing will really prepare you for the changes that are about to occur. You'll be fine though! You and Russ will make great parents!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Our Betsy is going to be a mom in another day. Things will change, of course, but I know that the THREE of you will be wonderful. I cannot wait to meet baby Alyson!

Alicia said...

I am so ready for you to have this baby woman! LOL, I'm PRETTY sure you are to. I wish you all of the luck in the world throughout your L&D and I can't wait to see pictures of the newest member of our blog family....little Aly!

audreybreier said...

Tomorrow is the big day! (Unless you've already gone into labor??) I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how things go! You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow!