Thursday, June 21, 2007

Well, this is it!

Well ladies, today's the day our lives change... little Alyson will be entering the world at SOME point today!

I'm so darn nervous!!! And excited of course, but equally nervous. I just have no idea what to expect.

We go to the hospital at 8am... my parents and Russ's mother are going with us at that time, then my cousin Brenda is meeting us later this morning. (She and I are like sisters and always said we wanted to be in the delivery room with eachother! She's a fairly new mommy--her baby girl is 10 months old right now, so I know she'll be a big help to me!)

I didn't think I'd sleep very well lastnight-- in fact, I didn't think I'd sleep AT ALL, but I managed to get about 5 hours. I had a good cry lastnight (why, I don't know... hormones and feeling overwhelmed I guess....) and felt much better after that, actually. Afterwards I felt like such a dork because I really have NO reason to be crying! Darn hormones... :-P

I truthfully didn't know if I'd make it though the night without going into full blown labor, but I managed to do that too. All day yesterday I was having some mild contractions, but not anything at regular intervals. Just bad enough to make me uncomfortable. Also, (TMI warning) I lost more of my mucous plug through the day and evening yesterday. Grossest thing ever...blech. LOL.

Despite the uncomfortable contractions, I DID get in to my hair salon to get my hair done, so now I'm all freshly trimmed and highlighted for those oh-so-lovely hospital pics. LOL. Also, our good friends called yesterday and said, "You guys are coming over for dinner tonight." (No complaints from me on THAT one!) They told me, "We don't want you to have to cook tonight and then get the house all cleaned up again. You're having a BABY tomorrow, you need to relax." They're so awesome.... it's wonderful to have friends like that, lemme tell ya.

Well, I'm off to hop in the shower (ok, so maybe I won't be HOPPING...) and then to make Russ and I some breakfast. They said I could have a "light breakfast." I know I probably won't be getting to eat or drink much (if at all) until little Aly is here, so I'd better eat while I have the chance.

Wish me luck....please keep me, Russ, and little Alyson in your prayers. I'm hoping this birth goes as smoothly as possible today!! :-)

More updates as soon as I'm able...

13 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck sweetie! My prayers are with you guys! I can't wait to see pics of Aly! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you guys today. Can't wait for and update and pictures! :-)

Jenny said...

We can't wait to hear how the labor and delivery goes. Hopefully all those early contractions will make your induction go smooth and quick!

Platinum Rose said...

Thinking about you lots and hoping your labor and delivery goes fast and easy! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!

audreybreier said...

Good luck! Little Aly may be here by now! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!

erin said...

I'm praying for you Betsy!! I can't wait to see pics of Aly!!! Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts to Ohio! :)

Love,
Erin

Zoe D. said...

I'm thinking about you!! Good luck!!!

Jodi said...

I've been thinkin' about you all day!!! I hope things went well!!! I can't wait to see what Aly looks like!!!!

An early CONGRATS!!!!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Yay!! So excited for you! By now... That baby should be here! God Bless!

Mrs. Taco said...

I am so sorry I didn't get to catch this yesterday! Like Maria said, I'm sure your little Aly is here already and you are resting up in the hospital bed, enjoying your little one. :o) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Me said...

Oh, I'm a day behind too! Shoot! I'm sure little Alyson is here and is beautiful. I hope all went well. I'll continue to pray that all is well with you and your family! Can't wait for pictures!

Heather said...

I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all about it and to see pictures of Alyson!!

I hope everything went ok for you!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I have gone private.... Email me at mariadelgado32302@yahoo.com if you want an invite.

If you have read this or emailed me alreday just disregard this message!