Thursday, June 7, 2007

We're making progress...

Today was my 38 week appointment.

(Sound of crickets chirping...)

(More crickets....)

.

.


.


If you can't tell, I don't have much to report. (sigh)

I'm still CLOSED. No dilation whatsoever. But there IS some good news.... I'm "starting to soften", according to my doctor. WOO HOO! I don't know exactly what percentage effaced that might be, but at least it's SOMETHING. (TMI, but the sex must be working! Haha!!)

I don't know what all doc did while he was poking around up there, but I've been kinda crampy ever since the internal exam. Nothing major, but enough to be uncomfortable. But hey, maybe he stirred things up a bit so we can get this labor ball rolling. LOL.

My BP today was a little up, 120/80... and (grr) I gained another pound. I haven't been eating as much over the past week either, and I DID notice my feet and ankles are a little puffy today, so I know I have some water retention going on right now.

After the nurse got my weight and BP, she checked the fetal heart tones. Aly was being cooperative today and stayed in one spot long enough to let the nurse get her heart rate. (More good news too--- the nurse told me, "I think you've dropped a bit honey! Last time I saw you, your belly was higher up near your breasts, and now it's lower.") YAY FOR PROGRESS! She laughed cause once she told me that, I got all excited. Since she wasn't in the room with me during my internal exam, she came up and asked me, "Well? Any progress?" afterwards. I told her, "Well, I'm softening, so that's a start!"

Guess I'm gonna have to give in and do the sex thing every night now, as much as I might not be in the mood. Hubby will be thrilled about THAT. LOL. For now, I'm gonna relax, put my feet up and be lazy for awhile. The house cleaning will have to come later. (Or tomorrow!)

Before I go, here are some pics I took today of my 38 week prego belly.



Where are my feet?! :-)


Have a great day!

7 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

Sounds like you have progressed SOME though....better than nothing!! Your second picture is hilarious! I hope Aly makes her appearance into the world very soon!

Lis said...

I am glad you are progressing even a little...I know how badly you are ready!!!
You pictures are just as cute as can be....Love the feet pic..too funny!

Love, Lis xo

Amy said...

well, it is better then nothing!!! Things can also move pretty fast, I also love the feet picture, can't imagine how that must feel.

Jodi said...

Yay for a little progress!!! I love the pictures! I had to laugh a little at the one of your feet and how you can only see them in the mirror!!! Toooooo cute! I'll be there pretty soon, if not already...I guess I haven't really tried to look straight down at my feet. I might have to go see what all I can see when I'm standing like that ! :o)

Theresa said...

I know how badly you want little Aly to come, but it sounds like she's slowly making her way. Just think of what news you'll be reporting soon!

Alicia said...

A little progress is better than nothing at all....I'm excited for you two. Two more weeks girl! I love your baby bump...so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love that last belly pic! Too cute. I'm glad you're making a little progress. Keep us posted!! I hope baby Aly is here soon!