Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cankles R Us

Hello :-)

Not much to write about, but it's been awhile.... so here's a post.

I finished up my third night turn in a row this morning.... I am officially EXHAUSTED! I requested not to be worked more than 2 nights in a row on the next schedule at work, and thankfully my clinical manager gave me what I asked for! Only 1 1/2 more schedules to go at work, then I'm on MATERNITY LEAVE!

This morning I slept for about 3 hours, then woke up and cleaned... and cleaned.... and cleaned. For about 4 hours, at least. I washed walls, and mopped floors, dusted, washed windows... you name it, I did it. Hmmm... NESTING?! :-) After that, hubby came home and we cooked on the grill and took advantage of the warm weather by eating outside on the deck.

This evening, I swear the phone rang nonstop... my best friend from Cleveland called and said that YES she can come in for my shower Saturday! I'm so excited!!! I haven't seen her since summer! Unfortunately she has to work Sunday, so she can't stay the night here with us like she did last time she came in :-(

Next, my cousin Bren called and we BS'd about the shower.. then my mom called. More BS'ing about the shower. LOL. :-) After what seemed like hours on the phone, I sat down to put my feet up for awhile, since I noticed what looked to be the beginning of cankles. LOL.

Of course that didn't last long. I got a little stir crazy and got back up to start on my shower favors. I put them all together, and they are soooooooo cute! I bought Sarris chocolate rattles, along with those soft mints with "Baby Girl" wrappers on them. I put the rattle and mints in clear cellophane bags with baby print on them. I attached a cute little note from Baby Aly and a decorative pink plastic safety pin to the bags with ribbon. They turned out rather nice, I must say! So at least that part's done!

All I'll have to do Saturday morning before the shower is get the balloons ready. Russ's mom and her boyfriend came over this evening, and she offered to take the balloons somewhere to get them blown up with helium, so I just might take her up on that!

Sooooooo...that was pretty much my evening.

Oh... one more thing. Today I got more gifts in the mail!! Russ's cousin got me a Bare Naked Boppy and a cute reversible Boppy slip cover. I can't wait to use it! :-) Also, my neighbor got me my Kick and Crawl Aquarium gym along with some toys-- teethers, keys, etc. :-) I get so excited to get baby stuff :-) And yes, I'll admit, I've been a registry peeker!! People are starting to buy alot of stuff, so I'm PUMPED! The way I see it, there's still that element of surprise there, because I don't know WHO got me what, and people always end up buying things not on the registry too... so I'll still have some surprise gifts :-) I CAN'T WAIT til Saturday!All Russ is concerned with is where we'll put everything after the shower...lol.

Well, time to go put my feet up. No lie, my legs look like frickin' tree trunks right now... I haven't had them up all day. It doesn't help that they are usually a LITTLE swelled after night turn anyway... but these babies take the cake today. I kept telling Russ today, "Honey, now I DO have cankles!!" :-( Hopefully they'll be gone by morning. :-( Ahh, the joys of pregnancy. 7 weeks to go....

6 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

Yay...I can't wait to hear about your shower. Those favors sound so cute! We officially have TOO much baby stuff now. I have no idea what to do with it all. It's SO much fun though.

Sorry about the cankles...that stinks. I, fortunately, haven't had any swelling anywhere so far.

5 Weeks to go for me...lets hope for 4 though. :)

audreybreier said...

Your shower will be so fun! I can't wait to hear all the fun baby stuff you get! I couldn't wait to get home after our shower and get everything put away! I was even excited about doing laundry..the only time I get excited about doing laundry is if it's Cade's :)

I hope the swelling isn't too bad...I haven't had any yet really so I hope it stays that way!! Not too much longer and we'll both be done! :)

Platinum Rose said...

How fun that everything for the shower is coming together, you're getting great stuff off your registry (I am definitely of the peeking type - I did all the time for my wedding registry), and that you got some cool baby things in the mail too!!!! It's getting closer!!!

Lis said...

You are too darn cute - I can't believe you will be having that darling babie in no time.
I am cracking up at the cankles - you poor thing. At least it's all worth it!!!
Have a good one and take care of yourself missy!
Lis xo

Me said...

Love the title of the post! Sounds like your shower is going to be a lot of fun...and I don't blame you for peeking at the registry. I like the sounds of your favors. Hope you have a great day!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Welcome to the Cankle Club. The place where we all wish we had ankles, but don't! CHEERS TO US!