Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What have you done with sweet laid-back Betsy????

My latest pregnancy symptom....

Third trimester hormonal mood swing BITCHINESS!

LOL!

I just can't help it. I am MOODY AS HELL! I've noticed it more and more over the past few weeks. Things that wouldn't normally get to me just eat away at me until I'm about to scream. Must be the fact that I have twice the girly hormones surging inside my body...?

Like the other day... I could have taken one of my coworkers and slammed her into the wall. Ok, not literally, cause I'm too nice... but I thought about it. (Just imagine one of those movies where the girl character is smiling sweetly at someone while imagining grabbing the person by the hair and shoving her face in some food.) She hasn't been working on our floor very long and thinks she knows it all and that no one but her is perfect.... and well, I set her straight. I wasn't going to sit back while she spread lies about people (myself included) to make herself look good, ya know?!

But anyway... that's the first thing that set me off.

Then you have this morning. You see, we are in the process of getting our upstairs bathroom remodeled before Alyson gets here. The thing is, we talked with the guy MONTHS AGO about getting the ball rolling with this, and he JUST started on the bathroom last week.... and it's not going to be done for a few weeks yet. Granted, we reeeeeally need the bathroom done before Aly gets here, but they couldn't have started at a worse time. This has come at a time where I am trying to get the nursery situated, and I can't even make it up the steps to get INTO the nursery during the weekdays. These guys are here 8-5 pretty much every day of the week (except the weekends, thank goodness), so I get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING done during the day.... which then puts me in a foul mood. My days off are spent stuck downstairs WISHING I could make it upstairs to get to the nursery... but alas, there are boxes and tools and everything else sprawled out all over the hallway. Grr.

So this morning, I figured I'd try to put myself in a better mood by getting some last-minute baby stuff bought. I got a few nighties for the hospital, along with some cute baby clothes (couldn't resist), baby headbands, a bib that says "I love my daddy", a bottle brush, dishwasher basket for washing bottle parts/pacifiers/etc... all in all I spent over an hour shopping. I got home around 9:15am.

(Hormonal bitchy rage grows)

I go to pull in my driveway and the guys working on the bathroom have taken up my whole driveway with their pickup truck and trailer. I was SEETHING by this point, especially since my husband specifically told them DO NOT block the driveway, because "my wife is pregnant, about to pop,(lol) and I don't want her to have to park down by my garage and walk up the hill to the house." They know I work steady nights and that I'm bound to be home SOMETIME, yet they take the only available parking spot in front of my house. I would have sucked it up and parked nextdoor at the neighbors house (our good friends, so they wouldn't mind) but I was TICKED because I had a trunk full of groceries and baby stuff to haul into the house.
I made my pissedoffedness (yeah, I make up words sometimes) known by purposely banging the front door around and tossing some of my bags on the floor. (How dare they make a pregnant girl walk that far to her own house with handfuls of groceries!!)

Then it happened. On my second trip into the house, I FELL. Shouting some select words, the guys HAD to sense I was ticked. They said, "You need help down there?" and I gritted my teeth, got up off my knees (which still hurt, by the way) and said, "No. I'm fine." First thing I did when I got in the house was call my husband and tell him, "You need to talk to these guys about this parking in the driveway thing. I just fell on my f****** knees on the way into the house because I can't park in my own f****** driveway!!!" Russ called them right way and reemed them out.

(Yeah, you're probably thinking, "What a crazy prego!" right about now, aren't you?!)

The thing is, I never act like this. I don't usually get so ticked off about things. I'm generally a calm, laid back type of person, but not lately! It's like some crazy
person has temporarily taken over my body... I'm waiting for my head to start spinning around soon. LOL. Man, I can't wait til this hormonal phase is over! You would have laughed if you saw me this morning when I got home. It's funny to think about now, but maaaaaaaaaaan was my blood boiling earlier.

I'm settled down now though.

Moral of the story... don't tick a pregnant girl off. You never know what might happen.

6 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

Geez, how rude of them! I hope they don't park in your driveway again. Your post was really funny too, by the way. Didn't sound like you were hormonal at all by the way you wrote the post - sounded like you were taking it all in stride and joking about it actually! Hopefully you are able to do that now and your hormones will calm down again :-) Otherwise, it's just 31 more days and I am sure people understand you can't control your emotions well right now! Hang in there!

Me said...

You're a bigger person than me because I would have thrown a fit and I'm not even pregnant! I hope your knees are okay! Hopefully the workers will finish up soon and be out of your hair. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fall! I hope that your knees feel better soon.

I can relate to the b!tchiness. I didn't have that in the 3rd trimester so much but post-partum, WHOA! It's a whole new Christina! (Hopefully it won't last!)

Hang in there!!

audreybreier said...

When I was about the same amount along as you my hormones went crazy! They were so bad I was just mad all the time and I hated it!! I seem to be better though! So, hopefully it'll pass soon for you, too! I know it's no fun to be upset all the time. When I was having those issues I would just get so mad at myself because I would be upset over nothing! I hope you feel better soon!

Jodi said...

You have every right to be pissed that they parked in your spot! Especially since it was made clear that they should be using that spot! Sorry you fell! Hope your knees get better! We (all us pg girls) could all get together and sit on them!!! That might teach them a lesson, or two!!!

The Robbins Nest said...

Wow, I'd be pissed off and I am not even prego. I I think you handled it great. I would have yelled at them, which probably wouldn't help the situation at all.So calling Russ was good :) I hope your knees feel better.