Monday, May 28, 2007

What better thing to do at 2am than laundry?

For some reason, I think Aly is going to come within the next week or two. I've been having alot more braxton hicks contractions lately... they're just uncomfortable enough to irritate me. They make me feel short of breath when they happen too... like my chest is tight or something. Anyone else feel that too?! Once they're gone, I breathe fine. Weird.

I've been a huge bundle of emotions lately too. I get irritated by the slightest thing. I cry at the drop of a hat, and sometimes I have no idea WHY I'm crying. One minute I'm totally exhausted and moody, and the next minute I'm happy, excited,and wanting to scrub floors or am attacking my house with pledge and windex. Earlier this evening I was reading online that, "If you feel very emotional, it may very well signal that the end of your pregnancy is near." Woo hoo! I laughed and asked Russ, "So honey... have I been emotional lately?" and he sarcastically said, "Nooooo......not at all." That's what I thought. :-P

The other thing that makes me know the "end is in sight"---I've been majorly bitten by the nesting bug these past few days!! I had been on hiatus from my 'neat freak' behaviors for awhile, but they've returned. I just spent 3 hours doing laundry and fixing things up in the nursery...and yes, it's the middle of the night.

As you may have guessed, I haven't been sleeping all that well lately. For awhile there, I couldn't stay awake on my nights off. I'd be in bed at 9pm and sleep til 6 or 7am (when my husband gets up). But now, I'm exhausted during the day but totally wired at night. I fell asleep at 9pm lastnight and slept til 1:30am.... I woke up and my husband wasn't in bed with me, so I got up to look and see where he had gone. I looked in the living room...no hubby. Then I went downstairs in the basement and found him sleeping on the couch. I asked if he wanted to come upstairs and he said "No, I just needed more room honey." Granted, our dogs have been major bed hogs lately, but I think his,uh, pregnant wife has been keeping him awake with her tossing and turning lately. He must have just wanted to be nice and blamed it on the dogs. LOL. Poor guy.

So since I was downstairs, I decided to do some laundry, then was wide awake again and figured what the heck-- I'd go up in the nursery and see what I could get into. I ended up making alot of progress, I must say. I took alot of stuff out of the boxes and put them where they need to go, and arranged Aly's closet so it's nice and neat. I put together Aly's 'Kick and Crawl Aquarium Gym' (which was easy, that's why I did it...lol), so now that's done. I just have another small load of baby laundry to do and I think I'm set for now. The only things I have left to do in the nursery are to put the window valances up, and to get the bedding all washed up for the kid bed. I did the sheets already, but not the comforter/pillow shams. Oh, and we've come to the conclusion that we need to put a ceiling fan up in the nursery. I just wish we figured that out BEFORE we put a brand new light fixture up there. We had done that during the winter, when it was a bit nippy upstairs... but now that the warm weather is here, the upstairs doesn't get so cool. We have the vent completely open up there, but the room is still so warm. Luckily we bought a white ceiling fan for the other spare bedroom, so we're gonna put that up in the nursery. There's no way I want Aly (and me, or my mom, or Russ's mom) sleeping upstairs if the room is that warm. :-( So now I have ANOTHER project for Russ to do.

Aside from the nursery stuff, we just have to bring the pack and play downstairs and put that together, and figure out the car seat/stroller thing. Russ thinks we can just stick it in the car when I go in labor--- ha! I said, "So uh, you think you're gonna know how to use it right away, huh?!" Men.

Well, I think I'm gonna attempt to coax my husband back upstairs, then try to lay down. Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day. We pretty much celebrated yesterday... Russ had a company party for all his guys at the marina where I used to work. His good buddy owns it now, so he got a great deal on the party. The guys got an "all you can drink beer" deal, and we all got DELICIOUS steak dinners, with potatoes and green beans. It was awesome...though I was really craving a drink! Seeing those guys bringing out buckets of coronas with lime made my mouth water! I can't wait to have a big 'ol Margarita..... :-)

Well, nighty night! (for me, anyway!)

5 comments:

audreybreier said...

I think all us pregnant girls that are due around the same time seem to be experiencing the same things! My nesting phase finally hit me the other night. I was wondering if it would ever happen :) That's so great that you got a lot done in the nursery! It sounds like you guys are all ready for little Aly to be here!!

Have a great Memorial day and relax a little :)

LCP said...

Sounds like nesting is kicking in. Glad you got a whole bunch accomplishes, sorry you can't sleep. Aly will be here soon.

Kristen Miller said...

Sounds like your restless nights are at least productive. Mine are filled with internet surfing, TV watching, and cereal eating. ;)

You're really making me yearn for a Maragarita too...not much longer and I guess I can have one. Yay!

I hope you have a great week!

Lis said...

Well, I's certainly say your are getting close - seems to be going around!!! I can't wait - all these babies being born is so awesome!!!! What a blessing it will be once she arrives!!!!
Hang in there sweetie!

Love, Lis xo

erin said...

Wow, it certainly sounds like you've been doing quite the nesting, huh?? :) I'm glad you got so much done and I hope you've been able to sleep more.

Aly will be here before you know it! :)

Love,
Erin