Thursday, May 31, 2007

37 week appointment

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday... no big news to report here. I'm still NOTHING. Not dilated, not effaced (or at least he didn't TELL me I was.) BOO HISS! I at least wanted to be SOMETHING!

So now I go back next Thursday. Hopefully the 38 week appointment brings some better news!

In the meantime, I'm still having lots of Braxton Hicks, and lots of those sharp knife-like pains in the you-know-what. Not to mention, just a few days ago, I started getting occasional crampy feelings that send pain to my lower back!!! Now THOSE suck. It kinda scared me at first, cause I remember my cousin saying she had back pain for a few days, then her little Olivia made an appearance in the world shortly after. But so far, none of the back pain today. Those are just few and far between.

I'm kinda hoping that the full moon this coming weekend leads to Alyson's birthday.... wishful thinking, I know. But it's a nice thought!

(Aly, you can come any time, ok baby girl? Mommy's getting miserable!)

9 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Being prego just two weeks ago feels so far away!!! Once that baby is here you are bound to just completely forget about it.

Trust me when I say this... enjoy going to bed when you want to.... it'll be missed!

LCP said...

sorry you are feeling poopy and anxious. i believe in the full moon...so bring it on!!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that my little Tim was a full moon baby? So it could totally work for you :)

Sorry to hear that you had no progress, but the good news is that you can go from zero to labor in no time. When I went in to the OB's the day I went into labor, I was barely dilated at all, but who knew that an hour later I would be on my way to the hospital?

Hang in there, I know that at this point in pregnancy a day feels like a year, but I promise it will pass!

Come on baby Aly!!

Kristen Miller said...

Oh you can't have baby Aly before Jackson gets here...I'd be WAY too jealous. ;)

You're still a few weeks away so you've got plenty of time to progress. Or you may have no progress at all forever...like yours truly!

Either way we'll both have our babies in our arms soon enough! I'm so excited!

Heather said...

I'm so excited for you! She'll be here before you know it.

audreybreier said...

I'm sorry you didn't have any progress. Maybe this weekend's full moon will be good news for everyone who is ready to have babies now :)

Lis said...

Girl, you are so close - I can feel it - I just know that she is coming soon!!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures of her very special birthday & that cute little face!!!
Hang in there - I am praying for you!

Love, Lis xo

erin said...

Sorry to hear there wasn't any progress....that stinks. :( And I'm sorry you've been having lower back pains--maybe you can wheedle Russ into giving you a back rub?? ;)

I'll be praying that Aly comes soon---I know how anxious you are to meet her!! (and I really want to see pictures!! Hee.)

Have a great weekend and enjoy Ohio for me (we were home last weekend and it was soooo hard to leave!)!!!

Love,
Erin

Anonymous said...

It's been a few days- any word!?! I know you're anxious, and I really hope you have good news for us soon! We all want to meet her!
I look forward to your next post.

PS- thanks for the dream analysis! You're right about the birth of something new! my mom told me that too! how funny. Speaking of birth (again!)- keep us posted!