Thursday, May 24, 2007

Head down and ready to enter the world.....

This morning was my sonogram and doctor's appointment... LOTS of good news :-)

The sonogram went great... like the title of my post says, baby Aly is head down and ready to enter the world! The lady said "Her head is WAY down there." (Which explains the crazy pressure and sharp pains I've been having alot more of lately!)

I made a guess beforehand of what Alyson's position was in my belly, and I was ALMOST right. I guessed where her head and back/belly were, but got the feet and hands part wrong. Turns out her feet and hands are situated on the left hand side of my belly, not the right side like I've been thinking of all along. I've been having a sharp pain in my right side (rib area) for awhile now, and it's pretty constant. The sonogram lady said that it is because Aly's back is pressing against some of my insides and pushing them over toward my ribs. So who knows WHAT is causing that sharp pain over there! My liver, maybe?!

Anyway, all looked great with Aly. The lady said "She's a perfect little girl." She gave me some pictures of the ultrasound, but darn if I can tell what I'm looking at. One is the face, and I can't even tell if it's a front or side view. Guess Aly's little face will still have to be a surprise!

As for my due date, it's still pretty much the same, June 22nd. Her head measurement estimated the due date to be 6/19, and the femur measurement was 6/23. So basically I'll be due between 6/19 and 6/23, I guess! Aly is measuring in at 6 pounds 3 ounces so far... Diane (US lady) said she will at least put on another pound or so. Guess I'm having a 7-pounder!

After the sonogram, I got weighed and BP taken... my BP was 100/70 and I gained 2 pounds.... though I was SWOLLEN AS HECK in my legs from night turn. I think a pound of that was due to water retention. (yeah, I'll keep telling myself that... lol.)

The doc did my Group B Strep culture today... I wasn't expecting THAT! So I got my butt and my hoo haa swabbed. Fun fun. Then he did a pelvic exam... and I'M 5 cm dilated!

Just kidding.

My cervix is as closed as ever. Nice hard and closed. :-/

Oh well... maybe next week I'll be making some progress. Still 4 weeks to go.

Well, I reeeeeeeally need to get some sleep now. I should have been in bed a long time ago, but I've been wired since I got home. Time to TRY and lay down, so I'm not totally dead for work tonight.

Have a great day today!

8 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is well with Baby Hunt! I wish I knew how Jackson was positioned. I poke and prod at him a few times a day to try and figure it out..but I've just got no clue.

Thanks for messing with us you jokester. When I read "5 cm". I was like..."You're what...You bitch!". LOL! ;)

Goodness I can't believe how soon our journeys into mommyhood will begin. Yay! I'm so happy to have some many young moms to share it with. :)

Alicia said...

yeah!!!! I'm so glad all is well with little Aly! I know you couldn't see her face in your u/s pictures....but I just know she is going to be absolutely adorable!

audreybreier said...

I was about to be really upset when I read the 5 cm thing haha.

I'm glad things are looking great with little Aly and she's in position to come out when she's ready :)

Me said...

Wow, I just realized that you have the exact same due date as my best friend. She is having a girl, and she is also naming her baby Allison (spelled differently of course). How crazy is that? I'll be praying for both of you!

Jodi said...

I about crapped my pants when I read that you were "5cm"!!! I thought you were being serious!

Glad everything is well with you and Aly!

Platinum Rose said...

I'm glad your appointment went well and everything is looking like it should!!

Amy said...

Sounds like really great news. So when are you done at work? Sounds like that is the one big bad point right now.

Mrs. Taco said...

My jaw dropped (as I'm sure everyone else's did) when I read the 5cm dialated part! LOL :p I haven't checked but I'm sure you got lots of comments about that one. Haha. I'm glad to hear that things are moving right along. With only four weeks to go, these last days will be over before you know it! :o)