Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hello, ankles! (and other stuff.)

Good morning!

First off, and most importantly, my cankles are gone. I know you were wondering. (haha) I feel much better today, though I'm still feeling somewhat exhausted. I may be going through some major nesting, but I guess I need to learn when to just TAKE A BREAK! :-)

I'm still dealing with the "waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back to sleep" thing... it's happened to me both nights I was off. I had taken a nap from about 10am-1pm yesterday, then was STILL totally exhausted by 8pm. I fell asleep on the couch close to 9pm (and missed American Idol!!!), and woke up around 11:30pm when Russ came upstairs and said, "Honey, let's go to bed." When we got back there, neither of us was very tired, so we layed there and talked (yes, just talked...lol) for about 20 minutes, and then watched some tv. I heard Russ snoring shortly after that, but I just laid there staring at the ceiling. I ended up staying up til 1:30 or so, then fell back to sleep until 5:30 this morning. I hate when my nights are like this!! I guess I'd better get used to the odd sleep schedule though, huh.

So this morning I made Russ breakfast before he left for work, then did a few loads of laundry. I washed my VERY FIRST load of "baby laundry".... Alyson's crib bedding. That Dreft detergent smells sooooooooo good! I was getting ready to put the washed bedding in the dryer, and couldn't quit sniffing everything-- it all smelled like baby powder!

So now I have all the crib put together. Or so I thought. I realized a little bit ago that hmm... I don't have any crib mattress pads yet! Oh well, I put the sheet on there anyway. I'll just stick the mattress pad on later. I just wanted to get the crib bedding all on, so at least that part's done. The crib looks so cute! The mobile is adorable... now all the crib is missing is little Aly :-)

I swear, I could just spend all day up in the nursery! I took all my gifts I've gotten in the mail upstairs today and put them in the nursery, and I just kept looking around at everything, thinking about how Aly's going to be here SOON! Then I caught sight of myself in the mirror and thought, "Maaaaaaaan, I've got a big belly." LOL. Not too much longer for that, too, thank goodness.

I'm just getting nervous and excited with each day that goes by. I'm going to be 33 weeks tomorrow! Yikes! I'll feel alot better after my shower Saturday... then I'll know what I have, and what I still need to buy before Aly's here. I'm finally starting to feel like everything's coming together :-)

Well, not much else to write about for now.

Before I go, just want to send a big ol' THANK YOU out to Theresa, Brittny, and Sarah L for the baby gifts! You're the best! (I know I already emailed you guys, but wanted to thank you here just in case you happen to read this BEFORE you check your email!)

And lastly, if you read this-- Platinum Rose, I'd love to read your blog but I'm locked out of it. Can you let me in? :-) betsy.hunt@hotmail.com Thanks!

Alright ladies...have a great day! Just think, the weekend's almost here!!

6 comments:

audreybreier said...

I'm glad your cankles are gone :)

I love doing baby laundry!! It's the only time I actually enjoy doing laundry. I just love folding and hanging up all Cade's little clothes!

I'm glad things are starting to come together for you! I'm sure it makes you feel a lot better to be a little more prepared...I know I definately felt better after getting the crib and changing table set up!

Platinum Rose said...

Ahhh the smell of fresh laundry! I am glad your "cankles" went away. Hahaha I love that word! I have sent you an invite to my blog - hopefully that will work out ok and you can get in! I hope your shower goes great and you get tons of stuff you are needing! I am sure it will be a nice relief to be able to see what all you do have and still need to get before her arrival. So close!!!!

Jodi said...

I catch myself ending up in Ali's nusery all the time! We don't even have the walls finished, the furniture in place..and I haven't had any showers yet, but yet I still just go in there an stare at all the things we do have. I just can't wait till it's all put together, clothes washed, toys out! I still have a ways to go...but I can't wait to have her here!!

I'm glad you have ankles again! I'm starting to venture into the cankle land myself...oh the joys!

Heather said...

I have the same sleeping issue. 3:00 am is my magic hour lately.

I love going into the nursery! I have almost everything put away but it seems like I go in and rearrange every now and then just so I have a reason to be in there!

I can't believe that our babies are going to be here soon!!

Theresa said...

We love you Betsy! Glad you enjoyed the gifts! :)

Enjoy the final preparations for Baby Alyson...she has a great set of parents!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Wow. I wish I could say the same. Once my cankles showed up they STAYED!!! I guess I'll see my ankles again in a few weeks.