Saturday, May 5, 2007

Insomniac baby shower post that just made me very hungry.

Good morning!

Yes, a 5am post means that Betsy cannot sleep again. Darn this insomnia! I fell asleep lastnight around 9pm, and woke up around 4. Obviously I couldn't fall back to sleep, hence the post. And not to mention, I have lots on my mind, because.......

TODAY IS MY BABY SHOWER!!!! YAY!

It's from 1-3pm today, though the room is reserved until 4pm. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT! We're heading over to the restaurant around noon to set some decorations out (centerpieces, balloons, etc.)

I just can't wait to see what little Aly gets! Not to mention I can't wait to eat the food there. LOL. We're having lots of good stuff. For starters, all the non-pregnant people (yeah, everyone but me) get a mamosa when they arrive. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a drink of OJ and champagne mixed together and it is AWESOME! I am soooooo going to be wanting one.

We're having a buffet luncheon... meat/cheese and veggie trays, fruit and CHOCOLATE FONDUE (at my request, haha!), garden salad, potato/pasta salads, and croissant sandwiches. For dessert we're having raspberry sorbet and cake. My cake is going to be 3 different things. One part is chocolate with bavarian cream filling, another is white with raspberry filling, and the last part is white with lemon filling. Can we say YUM?!

Yeah, I am officially hungry now. Hmm... is 5am too early to eat a bowl of cereal?

Well, that's about it for now. I just updated my pregnancy blog, which I've been sadly neglecting, so check that out if you want! There may be some repeats between this post and that one, but I also talk about my adventures with getting kicked in the, uh, 'backdoor.' You know, fun stuff like that. (Come on, please tell me some of you mommies-to-be have been dealing with the kicks in the behind too... I'm not the only one, right?!) LOL.

Alright, I think I'm going to try and lay down for a few hours.

Have a great day! I'll update after the shower and post some pics!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I hope you had a great baby shower! I can't wait to read about...will you post pics too? What an exciting day for you!

audreybreier said...

I hope you had a great baby shower today! I can't wait to hear all the fun stuff little Aly got! I hope you post pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I hope it went great! I can't wait to hear about it! I wish we could be there to celebrate! I hope you got all you wanted!! :)

Me said...

Oh you just made my mouth water! It's Sunday now, so I hope your shower went well yesterday. Did you get a lot of great stuff? Have a great rest of the weekend!

Platinum Rose said...

Your shower sounds like it will be (I know, it's already happened, technically) fantastic! I hope you had a great time Saturday!